Monday, September 7, 2015

Six Word Memoirs

Being me, I waited until the last minute to do my homework, of which one assignment was a Creative Writing prompt asking me to write a six word memoir. I watched the suggested YouTube videos, sat down, and began to brainstorm. Finally, I came up with (coincidentally) six finished memoirs, then I narrowed it down to three. I thought I would share one with you, which happens to be my favorite:

To Do:
• Read
• Write
• Imagine
• Live

The first bullet expresses my love of reading, which is so important to me that I decided it belongs on my Life To Do List. The second shows my aspiration to be a writer, or to at least contribute some form of written word to the world. The third sorta encompasses the first two, but I thought I'd be all fancy shmancy and throw that in too.

And finally, the fourth one: Live.

Sometimes I get so involved in other people's lives (such as those of characters in books, TV shows, and my own stories) that I forget to live my own. When I get like this, I often feel like I have to remind myself to participate in my own story.

I thought I'd share this with you (whoever "you" are) in case this is a common issue - I'm assuming it could be.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave a comment with your six word memoir!

- Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment